Skip to main content

tv   Liberally Stephanie Miller  Current  April 3, 2013 6:00am-9:00am PDT

6:00 am
v
6:01 am
6:02 am
6:03 am
6:04 am
6:05 am
6:06 am
6:07 am
6:08 am
6:09 am
6:10 am
6:11 am
6:12 am
6:13 am
6:14 am
6:15 am
6:16 am
6:17 am
6:18 am
6:19 am
6:20 am
6:21 am
6:22 am
6:23 am
6:24 am
g turks is that we're honest. they can question whether i'm right, but i think that the audience gets that this guy, to the best of his ability, is trying to look out for us.
6:25 am
>> stephi, stephi, stephi -- ♪ do you love me ♪ >> stephy, stephy, stephy -- ♪ love me ♪ >> stephanie: 1973. oh man. >> long time ago.
6:26 am
>> we talked about this on the show. >> really? >> stephanie: was i always here? >> yes. >> stephanie: why were you at bobby sherman's house? >> i don't know. >> stephanie: maybe you were lost. you really didn't know what to do. >> is that a reference to a bobby sherman song? >> yes. >> bobby sherman was way before my time. >> he had this big replica of main street u.s.a. from disneyland. >> now i love him. >> stephanie: now you're jealous. >> i'm totes jelly. >> movie theatre with mickey and donald when we were kids. >> stephanie: so that happened. 1-800-steph-12 the phone number. ben in rockville maryland. welcome. >> caller: hey, i miss you guys so much out here. the local conservative talk out here had the president of the nra on so i called in and i was like hey you know, the nra supports this -- is opposing this treaty that was just passed
6:27 am
in the u.n. regulating the international sale of firearms. and 140 some countries voted for it. 20 some abstain and only three countries voted against it. the nra wants this to happen and the three countries are iran, north korea and syria. i'm like why don't you ask him about that since you've got the president of the nra on. of course, they never do. >> stephanie: didn't get around to that. >> caller: that's the company the nra is keeping. let's not try to make it anything else. that's the company the nra is keeping. >> stephanie: absolutely. all right. speaking of the -- wow everybody was talking guns yesterday. jay carney the president's press secretary. >> the president has always recognized this is something that would be a challenge. but was an obligation of all of us to work on and to try to get done. >> they were talking about guns because the nra -- well, they don't say they're with the nra but the nra released a study from the nra school task force.
6:28 am
>> no affiliation with the nra. >> no, no not at all. >> stephanie: no gun has ever killed anyone ever. >> our studies show that guns belong in all schools. okay thanks. didn't expect that from you. >> stephanie: this study -- fried chicken is the absolute most healthy food and should be in every home for every meal. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] >> stephanie: all right. the president's carney again. >> he believes that passion that urgency still exists around the country and still exists if not in full then in part in washington. >> stephanie: once again something the people are way ahead of the politicians on. it is just -- even i have to say i'm surprised this is bogged down to this degree this quickly. it really is. asa hutchinson, the director of the nra's school's task force. >> which has no affiliation with
6:29 am
the nra. >> the presence of an armed security or personnel in a school adds a layer of security and diminishes response time. >> stephanie: um, as i've said before, i don't necessarily think this is a bad idea it is just that they won't look at any other part of the solution. >> it is always more guns. >> stephanie: yes. the solution to every gun problem. >> i think bill press was talking about it the other day. something in new york where new york city policemen who were well-trained in firearms, i don't remember the exact situation was but they ended up wounding nine bystanders. these are guys who have had a lot of training. >> stephanie: you just activated that right wing caller. remember that guy? hello, i'm president for cops for cop killer bullets. i don't understand why -- 29 minutes after the hour. right back on "the stephanie miller show."
6:30 am
support the drug war you must be high. cenk uygur: i think the number one thing viewers like about the young turks is that we're honest. i think the audience gets that i actually mean it. michael shure: this show is about being up to date so a lot of my work happens by doing the things that i am given to doing anyway. joy behar: you can say anything here. jerry springer: i spent a couple of hours with a hooker joy behar: your mistake was writing a check jerry springer: she never cashed it (vo) the day's events. four very unique points of view. tonight starting at 6 eastern.
6:31 am
6:32 am
6:33 am
6:34 am
>> we need to talk about -- >> stephanie miller. >> she's unfocused, scribbling nonsense, living in a world of her own. >> stephanie: you show me funny kitty pictures, that's why i'm unfocused. what's the cat doing hanging down the blinds. >> he says just trying to fix it. >> stephanie: we know you did it. [ applause ] 34 minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-12 the phone number toll free from anywhere. melissa in north carolina, hi,
6:35 am
melissa. >> caller: hi, steph. i heard a very interesting thing yesterday on ed's show. he think every representative, senator, congressman should take a field trip and they should have to shoot a pistol, a rifle an automatic semi-automatic. they should have to reload a magazine and maybe once they have, you know, that true experience with it, maybe just maybe, they'll see how powerful they are and vote sensibly. but i would definitely pay for the video for that. see them all. sometimes it is just the fact that they -- they're voting on things based on politics and not real life experience. i want them to have that experience and see what it really feels like. you know? >> stephanie: yeah. absolutely. all right, honey, thank you. asa hutchison used to be a congressman. he's now the director of the nra school task force which jim has nothing to do with the nra.
6:36 am
>> of course not. where would you get that crazy idea? >> stephanie: very loosely affiliated. >> go into a mall, there's security. and so there's security here at the national press. >> stephanie: once again i said barbara boxer is not -- obviously a liberal senator. has said i think she suggested the national guard in the schools. simply could be part of the problem. i'm not a parent. if i were, i can understand being -- >> part of the solution is keeping guns out of the hands of some people. especially ar-15. >> stephanie: and the magazines. after all of this happened this time, it seemed like this was a no-brainer to get this stuff done. it is amazing how out of step this congress is including some of the democrats with what the american people want. asa hutchinson again. >> if you are interested in making our schools safer and to save children's lives look at
6:37 am
these recommendations seriously. >> stephanie: i was telling someone yesterday, i'm as you know too high-strung to be a parent anyway because what i would do is i would tell my child they're sick. i would put them in a plastic bubble. >> just like john travolta. >> home school. >> stephanie: yeah. you know, i would bed -- be really good to them. i know you want to play. >> you let your dogs roll around in their own crap on the backyard lawn. >> stephanie: it would be like an 18year long punked. >> have some chardonnay with your cornflakes. >> that's all you've got in the fridge. >> stephanie: it's grape juice. >> it is fermented grape juice. asa hutchinson. >> we can address assault weapons and it doesn't stop
6:38 am
someone bringing in a .45 caliber firearm into a school. >> but if you only have six rounds instead of 100 -- >> stephanie: now i can't even remember some of the numbers. it was only five minutes in newtown. how many casings did they find? >> 100 and something. five minutes from the time he entered the school to when he killed himself and that's the kind of carnage he was able to wreak. what's his name again asa. >> we make sure when someone purchases a firearm that it is going to someone who is qualified to own it. we're all for that. >> what i hear you saying is you're open to expanding background checks. >> absolutely. i'm open to expanding background checks. you can do it within a way that does not infringe upon an individual. >> stephanie: something that has no real teeth in it. >> doesn't infringe in any way on anything. >> stephanie: theoretically i'm for background checks.
6:39 am
in any actual way -- >> not to be enforced at all. >> stephanie: we'll have to leave it there then. all right. mark mattioli, pro nra newtown father all over tv yesterday. >> i think politics needs to be set aside here and i hope this doesn't lead to name calling but rather this is recommendations for solutions. real solutions that will make our kids safer. >> except the solutions that count like keeping you know, 100 round magazines out of the hands of lunatics. >> stephanie: there was an article about how these two issues, marriage equality and guns are you know, kind of intertwined because they're both very emotional and you know, that's the thing. you can't -- people get very emotional on both sides of the issue. that's why i'm saying that -- but i feel like our side is saying yes, that's part of it.
6:40 am
maybe we should have armed security in schools. i don't think teachers. that's a dumb idea. >> they've got their hands full. >> who is going to pay to arm every single teacher and train every single teacher. >> you get training with the nypd incident where nine bystanders were injured while they were shooting the bad guys. these are guys who had extensive firearm training. so yeah. >> stephanie: here he is again, mark mattioli. >> i'm putting it on you and the experts out there to do something with these recommendations, to implement solutions so people don't have to go through what i'm going through. >> well, live in canada. >> stephanie: that's a more immediate solution. stu in georgia you're on "the stephanie miller show." hey, stu. >> caller: yes, how you doing steph? how are the mooks? >> stephanie: good. the mooks are fine. >> caller: first time caller. a long-time watcher on current. >> stephanie: okay. >> caller: i find ironic that an assistant district and a dict
6:41 am
attorney in texas probably one of the most gun totingest states in the union get gunned down in public and at a home and there's still no push for gun control. s really, really ironic. i'm willing to bet they were probably republican, too. >> stephanie: i don't know. but if newtown isn't enough, i don't know what is. really? we have to go something more horrific than that? dennis van roekel is the nea president. >> they want a safe learning environment. parents don't want their kindergartener to pass someone with a gun on their way to class. >> stephanie: yeah, i mean, teachers are understandably nervous about adding more guns to the school situation. let's go toed in minnesota. you're on "the stephanie miller show." hey, todd. >> caller: good morning, stephanie. >> stephanie: good morning. >> caller: we ought to consider using the nra method when it comes to asking north korea to back down. they've threatened to restart their nuclear program.
6:42 am
why don't we use the nra's suggestion and give nuclear weapons to every country? because the more people that have them -- >> stephanie: what could go wrong? exactly. >> caller: the only way to stop bad guys with weapons is more weapons. let's give weapons to everybody. >> sort of goodish guys with weapons. >> stephanie: he was making a point using humor. he was utilizing humor and hyperbole and exaggeration. >> hyperbole is the highest form of exaggeration. see what i did there? >> stephanie: yes. diane in north carolina, you're on -- >> i need a big bowl for my cereal. i need a hyper bowl. >> stephanie: hi, diane welcome. >> caller: hi, i wanted to let everybody know that north carolina is really trying to become the most craziest state. our legislature is trying to introduce a bill to make an official state religion. >> wow.
6:43 am
really? >> isn't that unconstitutional? >> caller: yeah, but they believe according to the tenth amendment the federal government -- they can kind of skirt around the first amendment. >> stephanie: are they getting jealous of kansas' crazy. are they trying to outcrazy kansas? >> caller: we've got our first republican supermajority with a republican governor and they've just gone completely insane. i cannot wait until 2014. i absolutely can't. >> stephanie: let's hope people are paying attention. >> completely mental, i must say. >> stephanie: kansas, quarantine a.i.d.s. patients. what is this? 1983? >> we didn't do that in 1983. >> stephanie: exactly. jacob is 12 and he's from virginia. hello, jacob. >> caller: hi, stephanie. how are you doing today? >> caller: good. i'm conservative. i think i understand the assault weapons ban. i understand -- look, i'm a kid. we want to make kids more safe.
6:44 am
>> stephanie: what does conservative mean to you? >> caller: conservative, to me, means -- it means conserving the values and certain morals but -- >> whose morals? >> caller: that makes sense to me. >> whose morals are you conserving? >> caller: i don't believe imposing religion but i don't think -- this whole north carolina thing, i don't agree with it. i don't think we should -- but i don't think being anti-abortion is creating religion or any of that. >> stephanie: okay. all right. >> caller: i just wanted to give my comment about gun control. >> stephanie: okay. >> caller: look, the whole banning magazines thing it is like if i say no refills on large sodas. restaurants say no refills on large sodas. i can go and take small sodas and get refills. >> stephanie: i agree with you
6:45 am
on that. >> caller: all right. assault weapons ban, i know a former prosecutor in washington, d.c. who banned all guns and the murder rate tripled. in chicago. >> stephanie: what? what do your parents do? >> you know a federal prosecutor? >> caller: yes. >> you hang out with federal prosecutors? >> no. they came to speak at my school. >> so you don't know him. >> caller: my teacher -- he came to speak and he -- i met him. >> stephanie: okay. what was your point, i'm sorry. >> caller: guns in the hands of good people is a good thing. i don't think an assault weapons ban will do anything. >> stephanie: jacob, it did. we had an assault weapons ban and once it expired assaults have tripled. >> caller: washington, d.c., i'm telling you, this prosecutor told me that the murder rate tripled. you can't ban guns. we have a second amendment to protect us.
6:46 am
>> stephanie: so you're going to protect yourself with a gun. but see jacob -- they have drones. >> caller: our great, great grandfathers didn't have guns from hitler. communists took the guns. they were the only ones that took the guns and they won and killed millions of people. come on. hitler killed 12 million people. >> stephanie: how is the school system in virginia these days? >> caller: i disagree with you politically. >> stephanie: it is okay. do you do research on conservapedia? >> caller: no. >> you're spewing nothing but talking thoughts and not having a rational thought. >> caller: i think -- everybody -- i can't believe that you're throwing insults. >> not insulting you. just telling you what you're doing. >> caller: if i disagree with you politically, you throw the insults. what school system do you go to? >> jacob not insulting you.
6:47 am
i'm telling you what you're doing. >> stephanie: there were a few historical facts there that were not correct. >> did you live in washington, d.c.? >> stephanie: yes, i was born there actually. >> were you there when the assault weapons ban was there? >> no. >> caller: my friend was. >> your friend, the federal prosecutor. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: jacob i enjoyed the call. i'm sorry. we didn't mean to insult you. chris is a douche. >> see what you did? you insulted me in order to make him feel better. >> stephanie: he's 12. leave him alone. >> the assault weapons ban worked. >> stephanie: i can't relate to him. >> violence went down when it was in effect, it expired gun deaths tripped. >> stephanie: i hung out with mostly defense attorneys when i was 12. >> different point of view. >> stephanie: you know how you ganged up with westside story. federal prosecutor. other side of it. went around snapping our
6:48 am
fingers. >> when you're a jet you're a jet all the way. >> stephanie: i was a little liberal even at 12. prosecutors, whatever. okay. 47 minutes -- >> jacob was calling from tel aviv. >> we'll take your assault weapons away. >> stephanie: 47 minutes after the hour. that was good! you're good today! >> yeah, but you called me a douche. >> stephanie: i wasn't pointing at you. i was pointing to him. you're the same lump of clay you usually are. right back on "the stephanie miller show." >> announcer: call stephanie now, she's easy. 1-800-steph-12. my own nuance on it. not only does senator rubio just care about rich people but somehow he thinks raising the minimum wage is a bad idea for the middle class. but we do care about them, right? vo: the war room tonight at 6 eastern
6:49 am
hi i'm terry and i have diabetic nerve pain. it's hard to describe because you have a numbness but yet you have the pain like thousands of needles sticking in your foot. it was progressively getting worse, and at that point, i knew i had to do something. once i started taking the lyrica, the pain started subsiding. [ male announcer ] it's known that diabetes damages nerves. lyrica is fda approved to treat diabetic nerve pain. lyrica is not for everyone. it may cause serious allergic reactions or suicidal thoughts or actions. tell your doctor right away if you have these, new or worsening depression, or unusual changes in mood or behavior. or swelling, trouble breathing rash, hives, blisters, changes in eye sight including blurry vision, muscle pain with fever tired feeling, or skin sores from diabetes. common side effects are dizziness, sleepiness,
6:50 am
weight gain, and swelling of hands, legs, and feet. don't drink alcohol while taking lyrica. don't drive or use machinery until you know how lyrica affects you. those who've had a drug or alcohol problem may be more likely to misuse lyrica. ask your doctor about lyrica today. it's specific treatment for diabetic nerve pain.
6:51 am
6:52 am
current tv is the place for true stories. with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines. real, gripping, current. documentaries... on current tv.
6:53 am
♪ lay down ♪ >> stephanie miller. ♪ i've been trying all night long just to talk to you ♪ >> stephanie: it is "the stephanie miller show." this hour brought to you by therabreath mouth wetting lozenges. therabreath lozenges help stop uncomfortable dry mouth fast, talking to you marco rubio. available at target, walmart walgreens and other fine stores. >> listener phil tweets proves that g.o.p. talking points are made for kids to understand. [ applause ] >> stephanie: anyone can play. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: all right. melton in alabama. you're on "the stephanie miller show." hello, melton.
6:54 am
>> caller: hello stephanie. this is melvin and i love your show. >> stephanie: thank you. >> caller: but what i wanted to talk to you about the nra wants to arm teachers. do you remember amy bishop anderson? >> stephanie: no. >> caller: she was a teacher at the university of alabama huntsville. and she came in and shot and killed three of her colleagues. so what i want to know is what are the republicans going to say when someone goes crazy, like a teacher and gets mad and kills other teachers or kids? >> stephanie: we've discussed that previously. there are literally none of our teachers from any of our schools that we would want to see armed. [ applause ] >> yeah. >> stephanie: no offense. >> my high school biology teacher. >> stephanie: right. mrs. thornton had -- that eye the lazy eye. >> dr. hunsaker was a little crazy. i don't know that i would want
6:55 am
her armed. >> mr. fobb was an odd duck, you might say. lecture on peas and a jet would fly over and scream noise pollution as if nothing had happened. he did that. >> stephanie: i still have father fat calves flashbacks. he had big ankles and bad anger management problem. [ applause ] >> stephanie: okay. >> well then -- >> stephanie: right. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] this i think is important because louie gohmert is kind of a -- >> he's a gomer. >> stephanie: the headlines -- g.o.p. representative opposes gun control. believes obama is a cross-dressing satanist. [ scooby-doo's "huh?" ] >> what? >> only logical. >> stephanie: america blog
6:56 am
coming tree. we steal your dogs and guns and go to church and worship satan in drag. this quote comes from a tea party conference call with the republican congressman louie gohmert. he's also the guy who came up with the idea of terror babies. >> terror babies? >> what's a terror baby? >> stephanie: do you want the fun fact? this from mother jones. representative louie gohmert has been sounding the alarm about an insidious plot involving so-called terror babies. trademark you won'try gohmert. infants are known to be tears in their own right but this diabolical plan involves sending women to birth their america-hating spawns. the mothers and kids return home where the children could be raised and coddled as future terrorists and later, they can be sent in to help destroy our way of life. >> i see. um, hmm. proof of this would be? >> evidence. >> stephanie: we jump to -- even worse, we could have gay terror babies.
6:57 am
terror babies. like i said, texas. beastiality. during the tea party conference call about gun control. in fact, i had this discussion with some wonderful caring democrats earlier in the week on the issue of -- they said surely you could agree to limit the number of rounds in a magazine. how could that be problematic? once you make it ten, why would you draw the line at 10? what's wrong with nine or 11? once you draw the limit, it is like marriage when you stay is not a man and a woman, then why not have three men and four women and -- >> none of that makes any damn sense. >> stephanie: and why not somebody who has a love for an animal. >> stephanie: there is no place to draw the line when you eliminate what guns can be used. it is easy to have -- >> the beastiality and -- >> stephanie: right. >> multispecies -- >> sure, it is only logical. >> stephanie: gohmert explains how obamacare will require to
6:58 am
hire cross-dressing satan worshippers. by the way gohmert looks like that. that guy. >> i'm louie gohmert. i think that limited rounds is the same as having sex with a dog. >> stephanie: gomer pyle got a drive by hairdressing and they shaved his head. >> well, that's what they do in the marine corps. >> stephanie: keith in milwaukee, you're on "the stephanie miller show." >> caller: good morning mama, mooks and all of the ships at sea. about the security thing with schools, this is a sense of false security and in fact, it probably is nice as a feel good for people but you look at the fact -- it comes down to the concept of the drop. the fact that if someone is going to be the -- i think the good example of that is if you go to -- if you go to "esquire" magazine, they've got a great story with tim o'brien, the cop that showed up. >> stephanie: we'll go to that immediately. actress melissa fitzgerald, do
6:59 am
it. next on "the stephanie miller show."
7:00 am
[ ♪ theme ♪ ] >> stephanie: all right. hour number two, hot brie in the city coming up. nurse jacki -- [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] >> yes? >> stephanie: you sent us a bulletin. most individual health insurance isn't good enough for obamacare. what does this mean? >> the plans that they're going to be required to have in the -- will be better than what's offered now. >> stephanie: oh, my goodness. you're kidding. there might actually be good things in obamacare? >> yeah. the requirements for what the bare bones minimum are higher than what most individual plans offer now.
7:01 am
>> stephanie: huh, so the president was thinking of something that might benefit us in some way. >> it is revolutionary isn't it? >> stephanie: not what louie gohmert said? >> what about the death panels? >> the death panels are still in there. >> stephanie: what about the cross-dressing satanist louie gohmert says -- >> they'll have better health insurance. >> stephanie: exactly. exactly. all right. >> just like they do in canada. >> stephanie: here she is in the current news center, taking off her nurse cap -- >> jacob will pick up these things and call you back. good morning everybody. ready to talk about the 2016 presidential election? me either. but quinnipiac asked if the republican primary were held today, whom of the following candidates would you vote for? this named a bunch of potentials. top three from marco rubio representative rand paul -- excuse me, representative paul ryan and senator rand paul. governor chris christie and jeb bush rounded out the top five
7:02 am
but nobody got more than 20% of the vote so it really means there's no front-runner at the moment so when it comes to polls like this, it is too soon although some supporters of hillary clinton would probably argue with me. while the former secretary of state gave a speech last night in d.c. to talk about women's rights around the world members of the super pac ready for hillary were cheering outside. the pac officially launched as of yesterday and told us to raise money and harness supporters who want to urge clinton to run in 2016. >> former governor mark sanford one step closer to a possible comeback this morning. he won his republican primary runoff yesterday and will go up against democrat elizabeth colbert bush on may 7th to see who is next to represent south carolina's first congressessal district. here he is shown voting yesterday likely for himself. he won 57% of the vote over former councilman bostick. he faces a tougher challenge. colbert bush is a moderate with
7:03 am
a business background which could help her do well against mark sanford. we're back after the break. >> if you believe in state's rights but still support the drug war you must be high. >> "viewpoint" digs deep into the issues of the day. >> do you think that there is any chance we'll see this president even say the words "carbon tax"? >> with an open mind... >> has the time finally come for real immigration reform? >> ...and a distinctly satirical point of view. >> but you mentioned "great leadership" so i want to talk about donald rumsfeld. >> (laughter). >> watch the show. >> only on current tv. a closer shave in a single stroke
7:04 am
for less irritation, even on sensitive skin. ♪ ♪ gillette mach3 sensitive. gillette. the best a man can get.
7:05 am
7:06 am
>> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's "the stephanie miller show." ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ and it's time to feel good ♪ ♪ hey, all right now ♪ ♪ and it's time to feel good ♪ >> stephanie: oh yeah, it is. 6 minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-12 the phone number toll free from anywhere. next hour, hump days with sexy liberal hal sparks but who is that, we can't even look directly at her, it is like look into an eclipse. ♪ hot brie on with stephy ♪
7:07 am
♪ hot brie on with stephy ♪ >> stephanie: there she is, activist melissa fitzgerald. you can tell from the dopey look on jim's face. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: she walks in. jim's like i got a real one. creepy creepy, creepy. all right. so we have a lot to cover. first of all this weekend you are going to be in -- >> city by the bay. >> denver. >> i'm going to say that. >> stephanie: i dare you to open with that. >> i may just do it. blades of glory right? >> i'm just that way. with the national media reform conference that will start that way. >> stephanie: anybody who is anybody will be in denver. our friends at free press chris, right? it is at the national -- you're giving the closing speech on let me see here.
7:08 am
saturday 11:00ish. sunday 11:00ish. >> sunday at 11:00ish, i'm excited to do it. that will be the moment where we take everything we learned over the weekend and put it into action. as an activist, that's what i want to be doing. >> stephanie: it says it on her card. >> i like what they do. it is about internet access for everyone in rural areas and also keeping it affordable because there's the net neutrality, stuff will come up soon. diverse media ownership so that rupert murdoch doesn't own absolutely everything. and like you know, vibrant public media. so it is exciting. all of the things we care about. like the super pacs, let's identify who's paying for that stuff. who's following the money. that's up legislatively. >> stephanie: giant liberal geek fest, literally. poking each other with pocket protectors. super pacs [snorting] oh, my
7:09 am
gosh. >> they're nonpartisan. >> stephanie: i hear it is a great gathering of -- you know, media, technology, all of that kind -- where it all comes together. we have so much to catch up on, too. so we were talking about this story. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] because you may run for congress. ed rendell fancy people. are urging you to run in your home state of pennsylvania, right? >> commonwealth, pennsylvania. >> it is a commonwealth, it is not a state steph. >> stephanie: i'm not running. [ laughter ] >> it is one of the four commonwealths in the united states of america. >> stephanie: we've been talking about -- thanks, chris. you think you get a gold star on this show? i get nothing. >> because i was a douche to the 12-year-old. >> stephanie: exactly. she's pretty nice -- he hangs
7:10 am
out with federal prosecutors, my friend. you're going down. >> he probably gets shoved into the lockers every day too. >> my friend said -- prosecutor said -- ow! stop it! quit it! >> stephanie: hey, right wing boy! >> ow! >> stephanie: stop it! okay. so anyway, we were talking about what happened to ashley judd and this story is actually -- because what did somebody call it? like, you know, slut shaming because you've done a movie. we've gone on record as saying mels say fitzgerald has never been naked ever. >> i don't even shower naked. >> stephanie: trust me. jim has been on that computer searching for you. jim? >> there's nothing. there's nothing. >> stephanie: however, i thought that's because -- >> nobody -- no, that's not true. it's not true but you know,
7:11 am
ashley judd has had a great career and she's done some wonderful things aside from being an actor and things that matter in terms of her being a senator. and nobody's talking about those things. >> her harvard degree. >> her harvard degree and humanitarian work. >> the u.n. >> she's gone to the congo. she's worked with an organization that i've worked. she's done a tremendous amount for women and women for women international. she is a youth a.i.d.s. -- she's been on the board of the organization. she's traveled to kenya and bob way. she's done a lot. does anybody talk about that? >> stephanie: so have you. you have a fancy ivy league degree too. just like jacki schechner. >> she's no louie gohmert. >> that's true. >> stephanie: we've had this larger discussion whether you decide to run or not about how you ever get good people to run and why -- because -- this was actually kentucky democrats too. you sent this to me, chris.
7:12 am
how kentucky democrats duped the mainstream media and helped elbow out ashley judd. this would make anybody not want to get into it. >> it is heartbreaking in a way. it does keep good people out. not just ashley but on a larger scale, there are a tremendous number of really qualified good people who don't want to run because they don't want to open up their personal lives or even just like a lie can become the truth as we've talked about here. if you have enough money to put it on the airwaves. >> stephanie: we were talking about this the other day. social media these days and the internet and stuff that didn't exist. jfk would never have been president, lyndon johnson wouldn't have been president. today, there were a couple of major things about ashley judd which were completely untrue but by the time they rocketed around the social media and into the mainstream media by the time they do retractions, it is too late. >> retractions are generally lame. it has been out there. >> retractions are buried. you never hear them.
7:13 am
>> and they're boring. >> stephanie: paul newman movie, absence of malice, who do i see about getting my reputation back. i know i'm misquoting it. don't give me that look. >> the accusations are written the size of the hollywood sign but the retractions are in fine print. >> i don't have the same kind of forget graphic memory i do for striptease. >> no chance i'm going to roll around neighbored in crazed porn with a bunch of drunken niblets trying to stuff up my who ha. >> stephanie: one of the things apparently. i hadn't even heard some of this. the most egregious disinformation came from entirely anonymous source. one was that judd told a group of supporters at a private dinner i've been raped twice so i think i can handle mitch mcconnell. her comparison of sexual assault led people to classify her as the democratic version of todd
7:14 am
akin. the problem is it never happened. >> i remember when that came out and i remember thinking did she really say that? it is a horrible thing to say. but it is not true. >> stephanie: the guy in the "daily beast" writes i was at the dinner. i never heard her say anything like that. what's more, such a statement would have been completely inconsistent with the way i've heard her discuss her horrible experience of sexual assaults. you think you know, by the time this went through -- >> it was in breitbart it must be true. >> exactly. it is discouraging. when i read things like that and i hear things like that, it does give me pause to think do i really want to open myself up to things that aren't even true about myself. >> stephanie: those picture that have hit the internet of you, me and jacki schechner debauchery. >> do i really want to explain it regularly? >> stephanie: we can explain everything. but i'm just saying.
7:15 am
the second big lie involved the big dog, bill clinton. they began to press the narrative he was for the other -- who is the other gal? >> lundergan. >> stephanie: because her father was a friend. obviously bill clinton still holds enormous clout in a lot of places, particularly there. abc news ultimately cleared up the record. by then, the narrative was set. most popular figure was opposed to a judd candidacy providing oxygen to the anti-ashley whatever. but i'm sad because the "daily beast" piece finishes by saying imagine mcconnell sitting back watching the antics with his sly, tight grin on his turtle face. >> i don't think it says turtle face in the "daily beast"% article. >> it did. >> stephanie: how a small group of democrats duped the media into creating the false media of a civil war. what they're saying is the bottom line is he will probably win. now we don't have a strong candidate. >> she is a strong candidate.
7:16 am
she may not even run. she may run for governor, this woman. so they're not even guaranteed that the candidate they were hoping would run is going to actually run for this office. >> stephanie: she may run for another office. >> then mcconnell is back in. you know, i understand why the democrats were concerned about an ashley judd candidacy because it would become about her which i think also speaks to your larger issue that they would attack her for being an actress. attack her for things that have never to do with her ability. >> actor in political office. oh, wait a minute. >> why should that discount us anyway? we do a lot of other things, too. and plus, exactly. >> stephanie: you were saying you can't wear low-cut things anymore. >> i know. >> stephanie: there are some things like that. >> there are lots of pictures of me like that. it is how i like to dress. >> stephanie: certainly jim would never vote for you! he is outraged. >> outraged i had to look at the pictures over and over again. >> just to make sure!
7:17 am
>> stephanie: remember last time our current cameraman was like does melissa know her cleavage -- yeah. who is that a problem for? ratings, baby! cha-ching, cha-ching! [ applause ] >> this is bad in what universe? >> stephanie: that's why we always say you're our michele bachmann. smokin' hot but smart and not crazy! [ cuckoo clock chimes ] >> stephanie: however, you get your self-esteem in check by your nephews. >> always. i had it growing up, my brothers were taking on that role but now it has passed to the next generation. >> stephanie: you have the most hilarious nephews. >> i have five nephews 9 to 2. >> stephanie: last time you were here, we heard about the one that was going to put spiders on your ex-boyfriend including an arachnid in his shoe. since we love the specificity of the type of spider. >> arachnids is general.
7:18 am
>> stephanie: he's trying to help his auntie. >> he was defending his aunt. moral of the story don't mess with my aunt. >> don't put arachnids in the flip-flops. >> stephanie: all right. tell real quick. >> this one, so he says we're in florida on vacation and he takes a look at me and he goes ya know you're getting a little chunky. and you got big fat lips. i think i gave him a look like really? i'm going to come over there and i'm going to hurt you. he lifts his hands up and shrugs his shoulders and goes don't blame me. i'm just sayin' the truth. i could hear -- i can hear it in my head. it will be the new what you talkin' about willis? >> don't blame me! >> stephanie: then at the airport, you were exactly where you're chunky. >> oh, yeah. because i was wearing shorts. he looks at me and other places,
7:19 am
too. he was thinking general chunkiness. in this particular shirt, he squishes his face up and goes in the boobs. >> so he's gay. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: i smell money. >> but he also wanted me to marry the guy at the starbucks at the airport. the pimply 20-year-old guy behind the counter. i said why do you think i should marry this particular 20-year-old guy? >> he said he's probably a good baker. >> that's as good a reason as any. >> at this point absolutely. >> stephanie: all right. 19 minutes after the hour. back with more hilarious nephew stories. oh kids, they're just pains in the ass. 19 minutes after the hour. go to my pc, how would we run our little business, chris without it? we wouldn't. got a lot of work to do places to go. all of that time used to be dead
7:20 am
time. waiting for your future husband at the starbucks line. waiting for your pimply husband. >> now with go to my pc by centrism, you can securely -- i'm surly normally. you can access your entire office computer from wherever you are from any mac or smart phone. you can use any program edit or send any file. just as you were sitting at your desk. even if you're -- [ ♪ magic wand ♪ ] >> that's amazing. >> stephanie: you can be at work literally anywhere, pretend i'm with you all day every day? plus go to my pc so easy to use it sets up in minutes. try go to my pc tree today. special 45 day free trial. click on the try it free button and enter the promo code stephanie. gotomypc.com. click on the try it free button and enter stephanie. won't you? 20 minutes after the hour.
7:21 am
right back on "the stephanie miller show." >> i don't get it. >> announcer: it's "the stephanie miller show."
7:22 am
7:23 am
7:24 am
(vo) she gets the comedians laughing and the thinkers thinking. >>ok, so there's wiggle room in the ten commandments, that's what you're saying. (vo) she's joy behar. >>current will let me say
7:25 am
anything. >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ i'm just a love machine ♪ ♪ i'm just a love machine ♪ >> stephanie: yeah, it is "the stephanie miller show." welcome to it. 25 minutes after the hour. very chunky hot brie in the city
7:26 am
in studio with us all hour. >> she's not chunky. >> stephanie: according to her nephew. although you -- >> hot brie can be chunky though >> stephanie: no. you gave a presentation at one of your nephew's -- >> his older brother third grader. about uganda because they were studying africa for the whole month. he said would you come into my school and talk about uganda which i thought was darling he asked me. he's so sweet. the little one who thinks i'm chunky is in kindergarten and he was like i want to go, too. the bigger one he can't go. she's my aunt, i'm going to go. so they let him out. he was sitting right there in the front with the third graders. >> stephanie: his review? >> it was boring. >> stephanie: although, in fairness, he was more focused on your chunkiness. >> it was boring but the older one was like it was excellent! >> stephanie: and he also said you're not that chunky. >> i was not that chunky.
7:27 am
>> the younger guy hasn't really learned to appreciate boobs yet. >> stephanie: oh but he will. >> if not then -- perhaps he's that way. >> stephanie: every time you tell a story about your nephews it reinforces my decision not to have kids. i can't look at that now because there's crackers in my computer. >> it is true. because i let them -- we do jib jabs on the computer. they got crackers in it. actually, that's not what broke the computer. what broke it was they broke the top case from probably pounding on it. >> animal crackers in my hard drive. >> but it is all fixed now. >> stephanie: only one answer. carbonite. right? >> i want to get it. there are so many things now that i'm listening and watching on current. so many ads of things i didn't realize i needed. [ ♪ hypnotic ♪ ] >> stephanie: you need them all. buy them all. >> i love the earwax remover. >> that's what i was thinking! >> ow! >> stephanie: you have
7:28 am
entirely too much wax in your ears. >> it is the best commercial ever. >> stephanie: i can't hear you. >> i actually can't. i need it. i can't hear out of my left ear after my illness. i still can't. i gotta get the ear vac. >> stephanie: you absolutely need that. [ ♪ hypnotic ♪ ] earwax has turned us all into hard of hearing darth vader. >> what, what? >> it is the best commercial ever. >> stephanie: hump days with sexy liberal hal sparks who by the way melissa knows the president. she was an official obama surrogate. pictures with the vice president. he saw the one picture. >> they were going through my facebook page and they see a picture of us with the vice president. i'm like that's the vice president. they're like okay. that's will.i.am and then we get to a next picture with hal and the group and all of a sudden, the world stopped. you know the dad from lab rats? >> stephanie: now you're cool. although chunky and boring.
7:29 am
>> chunky and boring and yet cool. and then he said -- he goes he's not just ordinary funny he's more than that. >> stephanie: that's true. >> especially with that disney laugh track. >> stephanie: you know how you can find that out for sure by going to see him live on stage at the chicago theatre. >> that was smooth. >> stephanie: all hail queen segue, april 13th, next saturday, hal sparks who is not just regular funny. >> ordinary. more than that. >> stephanie: who is also extraordinary funny on stage with me at the chicago theatre. >> work the dinosaur bit into lab rats somehow. >> he probably can. i watched a few episodes of it. he is funny on it. >> stephanie: he's hilarious in every form. even in powdered form. i've had him that way. i've been on the road with him. 29 minutes. right back with more hot brie in the city on "the stephanie miller show."
7:30 am
i think the number one thing that viewers like about the young turks is that we're honest. they know that i'm not bs'ing them with some hidden agenda, actually supporting one party or the other. when the democrats are wrong, they know that i'm going to be the first one to call them out. they can question whether i'm right, but i think that the audience gets that this guy, to the best of his ability, is trying to look out for us.
7:31 am
7:32 am
7:33 am
7:34 am
>> announcer: stephanie miller. >> you think so much, your head must hurt. >> it does. it really does! >> stephanie: sorry, we're too busy chatting to chat on the show. >> melissa fitzgerald knows everybody, apparently. >> stephanie: she's very zell ignore-like. >> she's a lot cuter. >> stephanie: you two. get a room. are you in one. we were looking at patrick murphy. >> patrick murphy. >> former representative patrick murphy of the great commonwealth of pennsylvania. >> stephanie: you were saying
7:35 am
an interesting fun fact about him. >> first of all, he was the first iraq vet to serve in congress and he served for two terms and he was the guy on the front lines to repeal don't ask, don't tell. it really, in my opinion cost him his seat because a lot of right wing conservatives christian conservatives campaigned against him and raised a lot of money for his opponent. >> stephanie: god bless the good guys who are out front. it takes real courage. >> he really does. said things to me like melissa there are some things that are more important than politics. this is our country. i quote. i'll never forget that because it really -- he put his money where his mouth was. he walked it. >> stephanie: now is this who you worked with on the ptsd. you've done a film on virtually every liberal do-gooder. how do you get the film? >> you can go to after kony the movie.com. and it is a good movie.
7:36 am
i recommend people watch it. it is a good movie but you also will learn a lot. >> stephanie: it really is. it is fabulous. the ptsd stuff. >> it is called halfway home. i worked on that -- the same people that worktd with me on after kony who were the ones who did this movie katy fox. and paul friedman was the writer/director. it is about post-traumatic stress disorder and returning veterans and max cleveland is beautiful in it. it talks about his ptsd. with the whole $100 million investment in, you know, that the president just committed to making brain studies ptsd is one of those issues. in this country we have one suicide every single day from a veteran as we learned -- >> stephanie: right. it is post-combat deaths. how could we stand for that? >> i think it is exciting, this whole investment in the study of the brain because it will help
7:37 am
in so many areas. that's just one of them. ptsd is such a huge, explosive problem right now. because we have so many people coming home and we've gotta learn how to take care of them. it is not just suicides, it is also addiction problems, domestic violence problems, all kinds of things. >> stephanie: i have a question, why do you hate the troops? >> i love the troops and appreciate what they've done for us and hope that we can take better care of them when they come home. >> stephanie: how about we start with the first thing is not sending them into unnecessary wars. >> i couldn't agree with you more. >> stephanie: here is the president talking about it. >> obama: it is so important that we think about basic research generally as a driver of growth. and that we replace the across-the-board budget cuts that are threatening to set us back before we even get started. >> yeah. >> stephanie: of the -- many dumb cuts, scientific research is way up there. all right. by the way speaking of big giant brains. because you are clearly to blame
7:38 am
for this, pat robertson blames ivy league schools for the lack of miracles in america. >> what! [ laughter ] >> stephanie: why do you hate the troops and miracles? yes. >> how did he -- come up with that? >> stephanie: so precious. pat robertson told a viewer americans are not experiencing god's miracles because they are too sophisticated. >> people didn't go to ayey league schools. we're so sophisticated. we got everything figured out. we know about evolution and darwin and god knows about all of this stuff. >> stephanie: he said skepticism and secularism being taught at the most advanced schools around the country is keeping god's miracles at bay. you are a nonmiracle worker. >> i honestly don't get the connection. >> stephanie: you're smart. you don't get a miracle. >> if you're smart, you get miracles. >> stephanie: only dummies get miracles.
7:39 am
>> say stupid and you'll get miracles. >> the more i learn the more i realize i don't know. >> exactly. >> stephanie: he said africans are simple and humble. >> oh, boy. >> stephanie: god loves them and they say okay, he loves me. you say god will do miracles and they say okay, we believe him. you with your ivy league -- >> i beg to differ. >> i don't think that much. >> there is a portal to hell, a big hole in the ground and god -- liquid fire. >> stephanie: is that where the portal is? right under u penn. >> i've passed by it many times. >> my dorm was actually right around the corner. >> stephanie: right next to the portal to hell. turn left. >> what did i say to you when we were doing the stations of the cross on friday? >> stephanie: i told the
7:40 am
story. >> which is the most hilarious thing she's probably ever done because she doesn't do things like that. >> didn't my catholic school uniform fit great? >> it was perfect. >> stephanie: i was chunky in catholic school. >> the normal one or the slutty one? >> stephanie: there was no slutty one. >> no britney spears one. >> i had a uniform. it was not slutty. i didn't go to catholic school. i said god loves me and wants me to be happy. that's my religion. i believe that. pat robertson is wrong. >> stephanie: martin sheen was wrong. that's all i cared about it. >> he's great. he's catholic. in a real sense of the word. >> stephanie: they tied in like real current events with what stuff jesus actually said. [ cuckoo clock chimes ] >> real human rights violations that we're participating in right now. i think it is a beautiful wonderful thing and -- >> stephanie: you are very emotional and so at the station where jesus dies, she was crying a little bit. i was like honey, it is okay.
7:41 am
wait until the next one, there is a happy ending. the next one. >> oh. >> would you like a little fun fact about pat robertson? >> i went to yale law school. >> what? >> which is ivy league. >> stephanie: it is a miracle. >> that's a particularly intellectual law school. >> ha! >> really? >> but i want you all to stay stupid because you'll keep sending me money. that's how it works. >> you said too much. >> stephanie: except you guys because you're doing the backstroke in the lake of fire. it is god's -- okay. right. all right. >> several bits in that theme. >> right. >> stephanie: hey, speaking of republican of illinois has become the latest republican to join the growing list of senators to support marriage equality. big news. >> woo-hoo. >> stephanie: when i climb the capitol steps in january i promised myself i would return to the senate with an open mind
7:42 am
and a greater respect for others. same-sex marriage should have -- our time is limited. he just had a major stroke. life comes down to who you love and who loves you back. government has no place in the middle. that brings to 50 the number of u.s. senators who support marriage equality including 46 democrats, two independents and two republicans. he joins rob portman as the only republican senator. >> for now. >> stephanie: while in the house, he voted against the repeal of don't ask, don't tell. a commander in the navy reserve reversed his position after he was elected to the senate. ♪ let's hear it for the boy ♪ ♪ let's give the boy a hand ♪ >> did he the right thing. >> stephanie: linda in california, you're on o with hot brie. hello, linda. linda? >> stephanie: oh linda. you gave up that much too early. >> caller: i'm here! >> we almost killed you. >> caller: i can't see.
7:43 am
i'm calling about the caller who said if you give teachers a gun they may just shoot the children. i have taught for 43 years. i am now retired. and if they're going to make teachers do this, they have to consider each teacher because, you know, you are either dedicated or you're just in it for the money. it is not much money. there isn't much reward except from the children. but some teachers are set in their ways. they're extremely controlling and consider kids a pain in the ass. and kids can push your buttons definitely. and you can have a personality conflict with another student. and it is just not good. >> stephanie: yeah. i hear ya. i was armed only with a protractor and i did not know
7:44 am
how to use it. >> at least you could have had a compass. that has a point on it. >> stephanie: i had that. i didn't know how to use that really. >> you didn't know how to use a compass as a weapon. >> stephanie: oh sure. >> okay. >> i stabbed myself with a pencil. i still have it here. you can see it. >> andrew stabbed me in the leg with a pencil. i still have a tattoo from it. >> stephanie: what is this? >> i was bouncing my pencil by the eraser and it went ahh. just like the ad for the ear vac. >> stephanie: pat robertson is wrong. you're not that smart. >> i told you! [ laughter ] >> stephanie: turning into the scene of lethal weapon. >> stephanie: i had scratches from those -- >> i never saw that movie. >> stephanie: it is not a movie. it is my life. >> lethal weapon. >> stephanie: what? what the hell are we talking about? mary in south carolina. >> save us.
7:45 am
>> stephanie: hi, mary. >> caller: thank you for taking my call. >> stephanie: thank you. >> caller: i'm going to take you back to when you were talking about the issues of the gun control laws that they're trying to pass. >> stephanie: yes. >> caller: i was thinking about all of the hoopla that happened over the fact that you may have to register guns. >> stephanie: right. >> caller: because they consider that a right. >> stephanie: but isn't voting my right? do i not have to register to vote? and i'm not killing anybody with my vote unless i'm voting conservatively. >> stephanie: see what you did there! she ended with a joke and we did not see that coming! [ ♪ circus ♪ ] >> you have to register your car. >> stephanie: there are a million things like that. and then what's his name? this guy asa hutchinson talking about oh yes i'm for background checks, theoretically, as long as there's no actual check of any background really. >> he should spell his name with two ss. >> asa hutchinson does not speak
7:46 am
for us at the nra. they had to distance themselves. >> stephanie: he's an assa. more hot brie on "the stephanie miller show." >> i got her number off the men's room stall. 1-800-steph-12. >> jack, how old are you? >> nine. >> this is what 27 tons of marijuana looks like. (vo) with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines, way inside. (vo) from the underworld, to the world of privilege. >> everyone in michael jackson's life was out to use him. (vo) no one brings you more documentaries that are real, gripping, current.
7:47 am
7:48 am
7:49 am
this show is about being up to date, staying in touch with everything that is going on politically and putting my own nuance on it. in reality it's not like they actually care. this is purely about political grandstanding.
7:50 am
>> stephanie miller. ♪ i'm crazy, i really don't care ♪ ♪ that's my prerogative ♪ ♪ they say i'm nasty ♪ but i don't give a damn ♪
7:51 am
>> stephanie: it is "the stephanie miller show." 50 minutes after the hour. sexy liberal hal sparks on his way up and so melissa can get a picture with the dad from lab rats everybody. >> how exciting. >> stephanie: her nephews. >> i've been so uncool in their eyes. finally. >> stephanie: i know the president. can i interest you in ed rendell? [ wah wah ] >> stephanie: what is the headline from the onion? >> president personally performs first obamacare euthanization. >> stephanie: amazing jacki didn't tell us that. >> exactly. >> all right. speaking of melissa's nephews we were talking about his death plot for your ex-boyfriend with the spiders. >> he was so cute. he is an expert in spiders and
7:52 am
he actually is an expert in spiders. i'm now officially the least informed and educated person in my family. but he was so cute. he called on easter and his mom, my sister-in-law had just gotten off the phone with me saying how are you adjusting to your new apartment. he gets on. so mija, how do you adjusting to your new apartment. i'm like i'm adjusting just fine, thank you. he goes now are you there for a vacation or are you there for staying? i said no, i'm here for staying. he says okay, do you have any toys there? i said no. i don't. he said we're going to have to get you some and then i can come stay with you for 100 days. >> wow. okay. >> which by the way i will be happy to donate to the theatre festival -- the revival of your role in streetcar. >> stephanie: as the naughty
7:53 am
nurse. >> just waiting for the right home. i think you have it now. >> stephanie: blanche, time to go dancing! i'll impro-vise a little bit. >> i'm telling you that's what blanche needed, was a little hot lesbian action. >> change the whole playing. >> it would change the whole meaning of the play. >> par at a. >> par-tay. >> jodie foster is in this movie? wait a minute. >> stephanie: some people have more insidious plots than spiders and arachnids. >> ex-boyfriend uses craigslist to send horny middle-aged man to former girlfriend's house. >> i didn't get the call. >> kind of funny though. >> stephanie: gawker brings us the story. sometimes restraining orders aren't enough to stop sending horny middle-aged men to your
7:54 am
house. >> responding to men with his ex-girlfriend. he posted i'm a senior lady looking for some fun and adventure in my life. would like to meet a gentleman in his 50s who is hung and can give me some pleasure. it did bring all of the boys to her yard. >> she had to shoo them away. >> it is not funny. creepy. >> stephanie: funny, creepy. fine line. >> did i send a bunch of supershuttles to somebody's house once as a practical joke. that was actually funny. then did a drive by. >> not to the supershuttle company. >> stephanie: i think as i pointed out on the show, monday -- or tuesday your april fools thing kind of lame. kind of sad. it was the only attempt at an april fool's prank. go ahead. you texted me before i went on cnn. >> i did. i just heard it on npr and i thought you would appreciate it. it wasn't actually like my april fool's because for me, it is a
7:55 am
high holiday. but i lie low for a couple of years and then i come back when people least expect it. this was an off year for me. i heard it on npr. i thought maybe you would appreciate it. >> stephanie: you said this is very sad because of the sequestration. >> and it is. you know, the national parks are really suffering and you know, i thought maybe you would fall for the first half. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: right. so the statue of liberty is renamed -- >> statue of liberty mutual. >> stephanie: for a few weeks. >> just a lease situation lease to own. the monument, the battle of wounded knee is sponsored by band-aid. [ laughter ] >> that was funny. >> stephanie: i said nice try sucka, better luck next time. she thought i would go on cnn and go oh, really? we can help. i'm outraged about this one. i don't know what subject i'm outraged about today. i'll be on cnn today again.
7:56 am
>> they'll tell you how to be outraged. >> stephanie: i was legitimately outraged yesterday. it was about the airline charging for -- >> very nice reference. >> stephanie: i said what are we going to rename it? lord of the flies airline? >> aren't samoans large? >> it is shaming people unnecessarily for charging more. >> they're very small planes. >> they only fly like a 12 seater plane. you need pay attention to weight load and the distribution. >> stephanie: i'm saying it is mean. >> you worked at an airport. you should know. >> she washed the windshields and checked the engines. for bird nests. >> stephanie: i was in charge of the small planes and backing them into the hangar before i got fired. >> you drove it? >> stephanie: they made the mistake of asking me to move it. >> they have a tractor that pulls them. >> stephanie: there's that, too. this particular one, i was supposed to back into.
7:57 am
it didn't go well. that's not important. >> you can't put a plane in reverse. >> stephanie: i damaged it slightly. >> was it flyable afterwards? >> stephanie: i don't know. i was fired. i wasn't there anymore. [ laughter ] >> by slightly, you mean the rudder was gone? >> stephanie: you guys all know how -- >> only had one side of the propeller instead of both sides. >> stephanie: you guys know how technically incompetent i am. my job was to clean it and check it out and i put a tag on it that says it is okay to go up. >> who trusted you with all of that? >> stephanie: yep looks fine. >> that would be about the worst job for you ever! >> stephanie: all right. this is exciting. we're excited about this. hillary for president super pac has officially launched. who's ready for hillary? >> me, me, me! >> i can't wait for the debate with sarah palin. that would be fantastic. >> stephanie: that would be
7:58 am
awesome. they're ready for hillary pac is urging supporters to support her. do you think she's going to run? >> i do. i think absolutely. she is a very bright woman. she knows how important and historic this would be. and i think she spent her entire life in public service and this is ultimately a huge, huge opportunity for her to do great things for the country and i think that's what she's always done and how can you walk away from that possibility? and you're tired? >> stephanie: whatever, take a nap! have some coffee. >> right. >> stephanie: here's an energy drink. no. she's already beating rubio and jeb bush by 20 points in florida! >> i think she's going to run. >> stephanie: all right. we have that tape to embarrass you with at some point. >> if her health is good, she's running. >> stephanie: we love you hot brie in the city. >> i love you guys, too. >> stephanie: after that, melissa fitzgerald, hal sparks next on "the stephanie miller show."
7:59 am
8:00 am
[ ♪ theme ♪ ] >> stephanie: okay. hello current tv land. hour number three. sexy liberal hal sparks on his way in. jacki schechner look at this workplace story. coolest coworkers ever share $1 million windfall with only employee who opted out of the lotto pool. you guys would do that for me. >> they wouldn't even tell you they won. they just wouldn't show up. >> stephanie: i would never hear from them again. they would discorrect their phones. >> all you would see is a
8:01 am
spinning chair right here. >> they wouldn't even tell you they were buying the lottery tickets. >> stephanie: however this one, woman accused of steak sauce assault, a woman who hit her coworker in the head with a bottle of steak sauce. >> that could hurt. >> stephanie: jacki schechner and i have thrown down but never steak sauce bottles involved. >> us that base you don't -- that's because i don't eat steak. >> stephanie: if you did, i would be screwed. here she is, jacki schechner in the current news center. >> good morning. after president obama speaks in denver today about possible gun control legislation, he is flying to san francisco to do a little fund-raising. he'll speak to donors at two private residences on behalf of the dcc. the democratic congressional campaign committee. the president has a vested interest in getting democrats into office in 2014 because democrats can pick up 17 seat the and take control of the house, the president can spend the last two years in office getting more accomplished and less obstructed.
8:02 am
>> reuters reports tonight's appearances and another two tomorrow are four of 14 events the president already has scheduled to raise money on behalf of house and senate democrats and the dnc, all of which are still trying to pay down debt from 2012. and president obama will be with his pretd sayser and all living former presidents as they plan to attend the opening of the george w. bush library on the campus of smu in dallas texas. the library has been under construction for two years and it is set to open on april 25th. it will have a full-size oval office and a rose garden and it is also where you would find the blow horn that president bush used when he spoke to first responders in the days after 9-11. secretary of state john kerry heading back to the middle east this weekend to build on the work that president obama did to help repair the relationship between israel and turkey. last month the president got the prime minister of israel to call turkey and apologize for a 2010 raid on a flotilla bringing
8:03 am
supplies to gaza. nine people were killed in the raid and the nations have been estranged ever since. we're back with more show after the break. stay with us. real immigration reform? >> ...and a distinctly satirical point of view. >> but you mentioned "great leadership" so i want to talk about donald rumsfeld. >> (laughter). >> watch the show. >> only on current tv.
8:04 am
8:05 am
8:06 am
>> announcer: ladies and gentlemen, it's "the stephanie miller show." ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ i'm walkin' on sunshine ♪ ♪ and it's time to feel good ♪ ♪ hey, all right now ♪ ♪ and it's time to feel good ♪ >> stephanie: mmm yeah, it is "the stephanie miller show." six minutes after the hour. 1-800-steph-12. why, that sultry voice. >> stephy. >> stephanie: what's that heavy breathing i hear? why, could it be?
8:07 am
>> the humpty dance. >> hump days with hal sparks. >> yes, yes! >> stephanie: ow. i'm a naughty girl. hi. >> hi. too bad there's no news happening. >> stephanie: oh, we were talking about mark sanford. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] >> i'm so excited he will be the candidate because here's the thing. right-wingers, gopers, get me give you a piece of advice, if you're going to run somebody on name value don't put the guy who has name value because he chucked the hands into the hands of the lieutenant-governor if i'm not back by 3, run the state. the dude missed father's day to be with his mistress. they were expecting him. one thing i'm not going to be there for father's day because i've got government business in guatemala. but they were like sitting around the dinner table crickets in the background.
8:08 am
[ crickets chirping ] >> stephanie: where's daddy? >> what's today about? where is he? >> stephanie: i made daddy a cake. >> i've got bad reception. i'll be there in about 16 hours. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: classic i'm in a canyon call. >> ridiculous. >> said he was in a canyon. [ ♪ circus ♪ ] >> really? really! >> stephanie: what? anyway yes. ♪ don't cry for me argentina ♪ >> stephanie: no, they did not. hal sparks who is beloved by every carbon-based life form -- >> not all of them if you read twitter when i post things like nothing says pro-life like an assault weapon. that was a funny one. >> i'm sure you got on a watch list somewhere because of that. >> that brings a lot of --
8:09 am
>> stephanie: anyway, yeah, because -- >> i'm not troll baiting. i'm very beloved. >> stephanie: melissa fitzgerald were saying her nephews freaked out. she had pictures with the president, vice president. they were like you know the dad from lab rats? oh, my god! [ screaming ] >> well, i am a special kind of funny. >> stephanie: the kids said you're not an ordinary funny. he's not an ordinary funny. >> i'm better than that. thank you. it takes children to notice. >> stephanie: only way you could know for sure is to go to the chicago theatre next saturday night april 13th where hal sparks will be live on stage along with me and john fuglesang for the sexy liberal show. >> very exciting. >> stephanie: go to sexy liberal on facebook. sexyliberal.com. ticketmaster, do it. all right. >> very exciting. obviously my home city, i grew up in kentucky. much like ashley judd, have a love/hate relationship with the place. but i went to high school in chicago. that's home.
8:10 am
that's home. that's where my saturday show is on wcpt. >> stephanie: that was the first stage that i walked on on the sexy liberal tour and went i'm in way over my head. in this tour. that theatre is huge. it is gorgeous. >> i caught that. >> stephanie: don't think i didn't see you. >> right in the yard. >> stephanie: i let it go because i'm bigger than you. [ ♪ magic wand ♪ ] >> now you are. >> stephanie: now i'm all fancy. >> along with great alums like rock hudson and ann-margret and -- >> ann marg-rock. >> and donald rumsfeld. there was a point during the height of the iraq war where they were going to make donald rumsfeld a distinguished alum which they had done before. i was james stern who created stomp like a bunch of people, we were like -- virginia madisen
8:11 am
she's a distinguished alumni. >> stephanie: i don't think that rumsfeld would have been a very good student. >> things he may not know and makes sure that he knows that they may not know. >> that was his book report. he got a d minus. >> stephanie: sorry donny. >> what he knows that they may not know and know what he knows that they may not know. >> stephanie: too many unknowns. >> is it going to be as efficient as a dictatorship? no. is it going to be vastly more desirable? you bet. >> you bet! >> ask rhetorical questions. >> digging my way out of saying that dictatorships are efficient? you bet! i had to say that second sentence because the first sentence would have had me up for treason. >> stephanie: homespun when i'm talking about genocide? >> in hindsight, those are horrific questions. >> especially when you tie that to bush's comment about the same
8:12 am
week where he goes of course, it would be a lot easier if i was a dictator. think about it. these guys sat around a table and had this conversation. is there a way to turn this into a dictatorship just for a few weeks? but they were going to put rumsfeld's head up on a -- like a bust of him in front of the school and a bunch of alums were like -- >> like saddam's statue. >> it is the night it goes down. that's ridiculous. they made him an alum two years ago under the radar like -- he was secretary of defense. even though he's the worst ever. >> stephanie: worst one ever. as long as it says that over the bust. >> you do know unknowns, knowns applies to everything in life including traffic. >> stephanie: he was not good at specifics. we know where the weapons are. >> north south east, west. >> north south.
8:13 am
>> wherever we say they are until we don't find them. nobody has that. we know where everything is except the clip. >> gnomes and dwarfs. >> stephanie: remember when he was like fighting season, our winter spring, summer, fall -- he never made any sense to me. >> but he was talking about a nonsensical war. at a certain point, they were puffing up -- >> are there still taliban around? >> spring, summer and fall months. >> yes, it does. it tends to decline during the winter period. ♪ winter, spring, summer or fall ♪ ♪ all you have to do is call ♪ ♪ and i'll be there yeah, yeah, yeah ♪ >> stephanie: all right. you mentioned ashley judd. we were talking to melissa about that. about you know, that was just a
8:14 am
horrible story how she got sort of pushed out of the race before it even -- she even announced. >> understand that -- as -- kentuckians much more blue collar and democratic on ideas than a lot -- than the areas get credit for. obviously eastern kentucky is a special, separate area because it is its own little version of the kentucky-stan. it is just years of lead poisoning and crap coal dust being rolled into the aquifers making generations of people stupid beyond measure unfortunately. and then a systemic governmental push to make sure they don't have education and health. mcconnell and rand paul are the perfect guys to run a county like that in a state like that. the problem is they elect -- we've got a democratic governor right now. then two of the most obstructionist or off the rails
8:15 am
republican senators. there is this real disconnect. like new york state. and that move with the senators, the democratic senators to the republican side or that you have to be republican to run new york as a city. this weird crisscross and that creates a lot of openings where the back room deals always end up pushing forward sort of this weird republican front. which is not reflective of the group. so ashley really unfortunately famous or not may not have ever had a chance because the machinery is there to make sure that mitch is safe. >> stephanie: in his terrarium >> holes in the top of this jar i can't breathe. >> stephanie: so we were talking about weapons of mass destruction in iraq and meanwhile, they actually have them in north korea. secretary of state john kerry yesterday -- >> they restart their nuclear facility, that is in direct violation of their international
8:16 am
obligations. so let me be perfectly clear here today. the united states will defend and protect ourselves and our treaty ally, the republic of korea. >> it is genuinely scary. >> one of the reasons is the whole thing about -- iran is going to get a nuclear weapon that everybody seems to be jumping through. you remember the bush administration couldn't give less of a crap that korea was actually getting them. here's why. because korea was actually close to getting one and actually made one. the truth is -- >> stephanie: while we had our attention elsewhere. >> even iran, iraq, had nothing -- in many ways, were avoiding having them. don't really have a plan to do them except to scare their neighbors and pretend they have them so we can move in because we know we won't be attacked with nuclear weapons because they don't have them. anywhere that does have them, we
8:17 am
don't go near them. you look at saddam hussein saying he said he had them. he has to say he has them because that's the only way he can protect his tiny little dictatorship going i have weapons of mass destruction, of course i do. those are the people we don't attack. >> stephanie: yep, exactly. the president's carney. >> north korea's announcement it will reopen or restart its nuclear facilities is another indication of its pattern of contradicting its own commitments and its pattern of violating its international obligations. >> look, north korea's only international obligation is that in the on-going hot wars all over this world that are a great money grab for a bunch of corporations north korea provides arms and weapons for the downside. the bad side. if we're backing a group of rebels north korea is supplying arms for whoever the rebels are fighting against. if we're supporting the local government north korea is
8:18 am
giving the rebels -- >> stephanie: we have a snappy caller that said since the right wing solution is more weapons we should give nuclear weapons to everybody. >> it just makes sense. >> stephanie: what could possibly go wrong? [ explosion ] >> you won't get any disagreement. if you recall during the '80s, even though ronald reagan -- it was a plan that worked from the '60s and '70s, just like somebody shooting themselves in the foot with their own handgun is statistically very high. we hit ourselves, the united states -- there is a video online of all of the nuclear bombs that have gone off done in a timeline. and how many of them were done in our own states and in our own waters just to test them to such a degree that we don't even need to be fired upon to get the negative radiative effects. >> stephanie: nuclear version of why are you hitting yourself? 18 minutes after the hour. back with more hump days with
8:19 am
hal sparks on "the stephanie miller show." stop taking viagra and call your doctor right away >> announcer: the following program is closed-captioned for the thinking impaired. do not take viagra if you take nitrates for chest pain; it may cause an unsafe drop in blood pressure. side effects include headache, flushing upset stomach, and abnormal vision. to avoid long-term injury, seek immediate medical help for an erection lasting more than four hours. stop taking viagra and call your doctor right away if you experience a sudden decrease or loss in vision or hearing. this is the age of taking action. viagra. talk to your doctor.
8:20 am
8:21 am
8:22 am
(vo) she gets the comedians laughing and the thinkers thinking. >>ok, so there's wiggle room in the ten commandments, that's what you're saying. (vo) she's joy behar.
8:23 am
>>current will let me say anything.
8:24 am
>> stephanie miller. ♪ talkin' about my generation ♪ ♪ my generation, baby ♪ >> stephanie: who sings this? >> who? >> who? >> from the latin to push away. no, thank you i don't want it. >> stephanie: 24 minutes after the hour. hal, it's for you. it is jeff from your home state
8:25 am
of eastern kentucky. hello, jeff. >> caller: hello. >> i didn't realize eastern kentucky was a state. western west virginia. how are you? >> caller: i'm fine. we're not -- all of us in eastern kentucky are just a bunch of ignorant hillbillies. an. >> the slyly -- absolutely not but you're treated by such as the state government is my point. >> caller: yes, we are. ashley judd had no chance in kentucky. >> stephanie: why not? >> caller: eastern kentucky and western kentucky aren't going to vote for her because of her stance on coal. but my biggest problem with ashley is she doesn't live in the state. >> that's my biggest problem with herr, too. >> if she wants to run for senate and i'm all for her -- >> you have to understand local issues. the only way to do that is to live there. >> on a senatorial level -- >> stephanie: there have been a couple of excellent carpet baggers senators. >> in terms of eastern kentucky and the coal mining aspect of
8:26 am
things, mountain top removal coal mining which has been protected by the uppers in the -- especially the republican party but in the general kentucky government for five decades now is all about the decimation of what makes kentucky special as far as i'm concerned. literally flattening of the hills of kentucky. and the sloth from that, the coal dust, the rem ant dirt and all of that -- the remnant dirt destroys farm land, wipes out the health of communities creates generational disease and at a certain point the idea of having a low-paying job that gives you a debilitating illness is not a reason to continue that practice. in my way of thinking and at some point eastern kentucky is going to have to come up with another reason for being. that's the unfortunate part. >> stephanie: go ahead jeff. >> caller: well, to some extent, that is true. but mine is a -- i won't say a
8:27 am
way of life but it is a way of income in eastern kentucky. i agree there has to be some other -- >> there was a point where coal mining in kentucky gave with two hands and took with one. now, it is at the point where it gives with one hand and takes with two. the reality is -- >> stephanie: that's a good analogy. >> thank you. the reality is the generational effects of coal mining in that part of the country especially, all through -- virginia, west virginia, eastern kentucky, that whole area the negatives far outweigh the positives anymore and it is habitual as far as a job source. it has nothing to do with value of the land or the people. >> stephanie: jeff, you can do the hand analogy to two people today. >> i don't work in the mining industry but lots of my family members do. that's how they make their living. there has been, you know, a few industries come in but you know, they don't last long. they get tax credits and as soon as the tax credits are gone,
8:28 am
they're gone. >> that's, by the way -- coal is just -- a permanent protection racket because if they had to clean up the mess they make, they wouldn't be profitable. that's the reality. i don't care what the amount of money earned by these companies it could be off the charts how much they're pulling in but if they had to clean up the mess and deal with the remnant effects of it, it would never be profitable as a fuel source. >> stephanie: the hand analogy, if you're listen in kentucky, tell that. spirit fingers, whatever you want. impro-vise. >> i can't believe that systemic cancer and birth defects and -- >> stephanie: when he said way of life, it is the way of death for a lot of people. >> somehow i'm supposed to let that slide because it is a habitual job source. at a certain point, you have to stop that. yes, it was true but slavery was a habitual job source. >> stephanie: rick in virginia you're on "the stephanie miller show." >> being a soldier and dying on the battlefield can be a
8:29 am
habitual job source. it doesn't mean you continue it on purpose. >> stephanie: hello rick. >> caller: hello. >> stephanie: go ahead. >> caller: i want to talk about the second amendment and the comment about -- the government. the idea that -- it would be ridiculous. the whole idea is the militia was their attempt to stay away from a federal army, standing army. >> stephanie: it was a 12-year-old -- parodying fox news talking points. >> none of these guys will stand up and fight for america on the -- in the abstract with their guns and their houses. they think free state and free yard is the same thing. >> stephanie: 29 minutes after the hour. right back. more hump days with hal on "the
8:30 am
stephanie miller show." >> jack, how old are you? >> nine. >> this is what 27 tons of marijuana looks like. (vo) with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines, way inside. (vo) from the underworld, to the world of privilege. >> everyone in michael jackson's life was out to use him. (vo) no one brings you more documentaries that are real, gripping, current.
8:31 am
8:32 am
8:33 am
8:34 am
>> announcer: stephanie miller. >> wow, strange lady, you're so sexy. >> stephanie: thank you, thank you. >> you get that all the time. >> stephanie: mm-hmm. 34 minutes after the hour. hump days with hal sparks. how the supreme court strikes down doma and rules narrowly on prop 8, it will create a patchwork of legal chaos. >> legal limbo. >> stephanie: across the country. >> how low can you go. >> stephanie: steph if a straight couple marries in arkansas and divorces in minnesota, will they still be cousins? [ ♪ circus ♪ ] see what he did there? >> as the dually designated --
8:35 am
as the duly designated representative of kentucky, the answer is yes and no. [ laughter ] >> stephanie: artie in texas. >> your bloodline on pause when you're in the sack. >> stephanie: artie in texas you're on "the stephanie miller show." hi artie. >> caller: hi, stephanie. >> caller: i just wanted to talk to you guys about the -- if the only thing they get passed for gun control is background checks and everybody is so concerned about, you know, the mentally ill, seriously schizophrenic sociopath, whatever, you know, there is a big hurdle that i've heard nobody even mention this. are you familiar with the hipaa law, the health information privacy protection act. one of those pieces of paper you have to sign? they have to overcome that because that really protects all
8:36 am
of us. >> that has always been the issue with, you know, forced hospitalization of people who were mentally ill and those kind of things. in this situation it is a voluntary piece of information. you have to be willing to give up that piece of information to purchase something that, if you did have a problem like that, would affect it. that's completely actually reasonable. it wouldn't violate that at all. >> okay. >> kind of like saying your eyesight, for example is technically a medical issue if you have difficulty seeing but you still have to pass an eye test to get a driver's license. similar ballpark in that. the right to keep and bear arms doesn't mean that you can -- literally fire them abjectly into a crowd so there is a certain level of -- >> stephanie: i remember when rush limbaugh was whining for the aclu to help him keep his medical records private. [ baby crying ] >> such an outrage.
8:37 am
>> the problem was -- >> i think the aclu offered to help and he didn't take the help in order to save face. yeah. >> i also think it is because he -- he might not have had a prescription at all for it. >> well, he didn't. >> nobody has a prescription. >> stephanie: people tried to downplay it by going it is prescription. it is not 1,000. >> i worked at a rush limbaugh station while all of that was going on. >> it says right here on the prescription -- >> stephanie: take 1,000 and call me in the morning. >> have your cleaning lady go to a parking lot in a gas station. >> stephanie: take 130 of these. >> so you can have an oxy party with the other guys you hang out with because there's no way you could have taken those all by yourself. >> stephanie: what are you implying? >> i'm saying the math doesn't add up. he's a big guy but he's not that big. >> stephanie: right.
8:38 am
>> at a certain point -- >> stephanie: wow speaking of the right wing and our fake outrage machine friends over there, you're an internet guy. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] did you hear the controversy over the google doodle? on easter? really? we're a nation with people with entirely too much free time on our hands. what is a doodle? >> when you go to google.com, it usually says google and on some holidays or special occasions they will modify it. >> just like -- >> like the pac man's birthday, they had a little game you could play. >> stephanie: on easter. >> the g will be the pac man. >> stephanie: so on easter, instead of, you know, a tribute to jesus -- [ screaming ] cesar chavez. they honored him with a doodle. >> really? >> stephanie: on facebook and twitter. >> they didn't actually have a picture of jesus on the day he wasn't actually crucified because that's a movable
8:39 am
holiday? >> they try to stay away from specific religious observances. >> they'll do christmas. >> that's a lot of graphics. over 2,000 religions in this country alone. >> stephanie: florida republican strategist tweeted google is celebrating easter with caesar chavez. i'm celebrating with bing. bam! [ ♪ dramatic ♪ ] that will teach them. [ whatever! ] >> stephanie: not that kind of bing. ♪ >> stephanie: i will beat beat you with a bag of oranges. >> shove you down the cellar stairs. >> what is that? falcon and the snowman starring bing crosby? >> stephanie: knoll in washington, d.c. hello, noel. >> caller: all right. i had a question regarding the assault rifle ban. first of all i'm all for like
8:40 am
limiting magazine capacities. 30 rounds is the stock amount of bullets that an ar-15 comes with. it is not really high capacity. >> how many intruders are we dealing with here? >> no, no, no. i'm just saying 30 rounds is just what an ar-15 comes with. it is not high capacity. it is what it comes with from the factory. >> it comes with a high-capacity magazine already because compared to -- >> to 100. >> compared to ten, it is. right. but go ahead. >> caller: compared to ten, it is. my main question was did the japanese during their internment, during that executive order like -- did they have the right to resist their internment? are there rights inalienable? >> they took away all of their rights. they took their businesses.
8:41 am
>> right. because they're inalienable. >> they didn't apply -- >> stephanie: we apologized. >> they weren't necessarily directly compatible for every racial group especially at that time. >> no germans. >> we did not uniformly apply -- >> stephanie: we interrupt the high school lesson. keith writes i forgive him. [ applause ] >> i'm sorry keith. i apologize for sleeping with all of the pretty girls from your school. [ ♪ nah nah nah nah nah ♪ ] >> stephanie: all right. oh should we? well, i suppose. >> and now on the phone from chicago... >> hold on, everybody it's road flare mary. >> stephanie: good morning
8:42 am
mary. >> caller: good morning. >> stephanie: what's going on? >> caller: i just had a comment. they talk about the guns. but as far as the prostitutes in the liberal media -- >> stephanie: what's a press-titute -- >> with 400 plus black punks and adults, you know, running around downtown violence, this, that -- >> stephanie: what are you talking about mary? >> apparently there were over 400 black people out -- together >> but you know what? if i was a storeowner because -- that's in chicago you know, it is more of a ritzier place. if i was a storeowner and i had some thug come into the store -- >> stephanie: you would know he's a thug because he's black. >> gee whiz, what are they
8:43 am
doing? playing hopscotch. >> stephanie: what happened? a march a rally? what happened in chicago? >> easter sunday. >> stephanie: more blacks than usual out on easter sunday? >> caller: 400 black punks got together. terrorizing white people on the streets, going into businesses. >> buying snacks. >> stephanie: buying things. >> trying on shirts. >> caller: but they don't say a word about it, right? >> why would they? >> stephanie: what happened? >> caller: it is news, isn't it? >> people going into stores? no. >> caller: people were allowed to be armed and protect themselves -- >> stephanie: from black people patronizing their stores? >> caller: i think that would send a message. >> it certainly would. it would send a message that a few white ratist storeowners opened fire on some people trying on shoes. that's what i think would be the message. >> stephanie: the blacks --
8:44 am
>> there were almost 400 black people in the city of chicago out and about. going to stores. and entering them. what! intimidating them. >> stephanie: right. thugs. >> shocking. >> i'm surprised she doesn't clutch her purse so tightly it passes through her body and comes out the other side. >> that's a lot of body to pass through. >> i'm taking your word for it. >> stephanie: you don't know. how dare you -- >> i think she looks like keith richards in a wig. >> which we've seen. >> stephanie: she clutches her purse so hard, her fingers bleed. >> i broke four straps on nine different purses. because there was a guy in an escalade driving through eating an ice-cream cone.
8:45 am
i know he bought with food stamps which he stole off a white kid. mary! >> stephanie: can't get help in the emergency room because there are too many blacks. >> too many black people with real injuries. i broke my own wrist clutching my purse. >> all because the president is black and his healthcare law made my bones brittle. >> stephanie: jump out of the pack and run. it's a black. [ laughter ] >> there are blacks. >> my house was on fire but the fireman is black. >> stephanie: this just in, you know what? blacks walking. >> smiling like they live here. [ ♪ "world news tonight" ♪ ] >> what? >> literally hundreds of blacks. >> stephanie: she's precious. >> anybody in chicago listening on the blessed wcpt, do they know -- can they call in and tell us what the hell she's talking about? >> stephanie: somebody call in
8:46 am
>> something that occurred that she's referring to that made this panic attack. >> stephanie: right back on "the stephanie miller show." >> join the party. 1-800-steph-12. jerry springer: she never cashed it (vo) the day's events. four very unique points of view. tonight starting at 6 eastern.
8:47 am
8:48 am
8:49 am
current tv is the place for true stories. with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines.
8:50 am
real, gripping, current. documentaries... on current tv. ♪ >> announcer: stephanie miller. ♪ i don't want to work, i want to bang on the drum all day ♪ ♪ i don't want to play ♪ ♪ i just want to bang on the drum all day ♪ >> stephanie: yes it is the "the stephanie miller show." hump days with sexy liberal hal
8:51 am
sparks. we'll all be live on stage next saturday night april 13th, john fuglesang, hal sparks and i, sexy liberal show. a week from saturday. >> don't get too confused because people will show up. >> stephanie: april 13th. >> road flare mary, the liberals, over 400 liberals outside doing whatever, going into stores, buying coffee. >> going into the theatre. >> stephanie: julie in chicago to explain what the -- what mary was talking about. hello, julie. >> i'm a huge fan. i never thought i would be defending road flare mary but let me clarify what she was talking about. >> thank you. >> two separate flash mob incidents on saturday. not on easter sunday. and one was on the el. horrible incidents, beat up a 27-year-old girl and they were attacking people off of michigan avenue. but it wasn't 400 people. there were a total of 40 kids arrested.
8:52 am
and i think what happens in chicago is there is a lot of very disenfranchised people on the other side of the city that everybody forgets about. >> the south side of chicago straight south of grant park/millennium park slash whatever you want to call it was the legit south side of chicago at one point, maybe 10, 12 years ago. it started to change. and these laws started pushing south past chinatown and that area. so the michigan avenue world has pushed -- the haves have started to push into the have not territory without any kind of -- you know, elevation of the surrounding area. it is almost like a walled section. >> stephanie: right. >> caller: right. >> economic level. and that crossover causes a lot of tension. a tremendous amount of tension because as much as the -- let's say the rising housing costs should drive the local property taxes up and should allow the schools to be better, they just
8:53 am
aren't. that money is diverted north. >> caller: right. now rahm emmanuel will spend millions to build a river walk. there are better ways to spend the money. >> i appreciate where you're coming from and i understand it. i guarantee you it won't make a lick of difference. what you have with mayorships all over this country is legacy mayors. they could give a crap about their own popularity. they want a road, airport park, 25 years from now when everybody forgets how they blew off schools and villaraigosa has done a better job of bridging that gap but the creation of the train to the west side is going to be his legacy and nobody's going to give a crap about anything else that occurred while he was here and everybody is looking at him including rahm emmanuel and going that's what i want instead. >> stephanie: julie somebody e-mailed me and said that there
8:54 am
was a bunch of wild teenagers. i'm curious, were they all black? >> i believe so. >> stephanie: it is interesting. like 1,000 stories of white crime, that i'm sure happen on the same day. i just feel like that's -- when people come from a racial perspective, they'll highlight that one right? >> caller: yeah. >> obviously a drastic difference between 40 and 400. now at least i understand where her panic attack came from. >> stephanie: it sounded like the night chicago died. she was a little hysterical. cism math. -- simple math. >> from the east side of chicago which is the lake, basically. >> pretty much. >> if you go too far east, you're underwater. you will drown. ♪ ♪ cop on the east side of chicago ♪ >> good thing he had water wings.
8:55 am
>> stephanie: he was a ski doo cop. >> before they tore it down. >> most people don't know that chicago has a great history of submarine caps. ♪ ♪ i heard my mama cry ♪ ♪ i heard her pray the night chicago died ♪ ♪ what a night it really was ♪ ♪ glory be ♪ >> english is not their first language. >> where are they from? >> stephanie: warming up for our chicago trip. >> east side of chicago is navy pier. >> maybe parts of michigan. >> migs field.
8:56 am
>> stephanie: a navy pier cop. pull over. you trying to steal taffy? >> on a segway. >> most people think they busted al capone for tax evasion. he was caught stealing lollipops. he stole a salted pretzel. come back here, you go good nick. i can't see you through all of the blacks. i'm trying to bust this italian. >> stephanie: held up the dippin' dots cart. i love dippin' dots. gary in new york. >> cotton candy. >> stephanie: hello gary. >> caller: news flash. i just came -- came running out of the walmart. 400 -- large woman in spandex and guys just jumping and bouncing around like thugs. i can't believe it. >> amazing, the rednecks are just running rampant. >> stephanie: a bunch of whites. >> we need to corral all of the blacks into an area so we know
8:57 am
where they are at all times. we've done it with nascar infield concerts with white field. we've got the rednecks in a -- easily surveilled area. you know. be it sturgis be it nascar. weekly college football games. we got them where we can keep an eye on them. the blacks, unfortunately because -- >> stephanie: walking around, willy-nilly. >> years of systemic abuse by the general social climate of the area don't tend to gather in large groups very often because for their own safety. we've gotta beat that. we have to find a way to curtail wrestling. >> stephanie: settle down. ron in north carolina, you're on with hal. hi ron. >> caller: hi. >> stephanie: hi. >> caller: i was a high school principal of a large high school here in north carolina for 30 years. had the longest tenure of any high school principal in the same school building so i knew my kids real well. i just wanted to say it would be
8:58 am
a major mistake to arm teachers in a school facility. >> stephanie: i agree. >> caller: first thing is you've got a panic situation. if you have a lockdown or someone hears a gun blast. get out in a hallway at a class change, senior high school and look up and down the hall and see how many students and adults are going up and down the halls. you have no idea who they are. they look like your bunch. >> stephanie: right. >> caller: so for people to be armed in the school, we had an sro which is school resource officer. member of the sheriff's department that worked with us year after year. >> stephanie: ron, sorry we're out of time. hal sparks, i love you. >> i love you too. my band is at the viper room tomorrow night. performing at the viper room in
8:59 am
l.a. tomorrow night.

112 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on